Skip to main content

M3 CD booklet Part 2

My concept for my CD, consumed around the idea of Cocooning. Meaning everything around me is in fact me. Ether it is wrapping yourself in music/lyrics or just stuff in general.

I wanted to keep the inner pages 2,7,3,6 simple so they did not  come off as to busy. Within a CD booklet, the the lyrics are at some print you should still be able to read them. When it came to the subtle images throughout the booklet, I made images that fit the song and lyrics at hand.
Example: Light On by Eric Balfour
"There will be a light on the planet it for you."
I decided to go with an image of planet to go hand and hand, while always using my color scheme which is a pink.

Now when it comes to the Puppet by Alaska Thunderfuck, I decided to make the lyrics and the song title like they are held up like strings and made a creepy version of a puppet face that fades into the background.

Pages 4 and 5, I wanted it to be a poster like image that you would be able to rip out and hang up if you wanted to, so I took an image of myself and which turned out bad, but I edited it within Photoshop to make the mouth hole appear in the right place.

I put the song duration's within the booklet at the end of each song, since not all booklets have them on the back cover. I used another CD booklet I had on hand as a template to see how and where things go.
I kept the type designs for the titles the same as well as the song lyrics. I only used two fonts throughout the whole booklet, which I did in Illustration. Aside from my name on the front cover, I wanted that to contrast. The color scheme is pink and black because they are my favorite color and fit the theme I was going for. For the templates I used In-design to put the images side by side.







Comments