Skip to main content

Third Collage Assignment "3D"

(Click to enlarge)


(These three images were sections of the full image, to showcase the 3D aspect of the assignment)

At first, when I was thinking of a 3D collage, I was a tad stumped at the thought and did not really know how I would go about it. However, as I thought out it and was cleaning my room, I came across little things that I have collected like the pretty masks with feathers and some bows that were made for me from friends. The black with a touch of pink faux flowers were given to me from my mother on my birthday. 
They were all just separate items until I started to place them around a fabric wreath that I had bought at a craft sale and just started to play around with the placement of the masks and bows. The fabric wreath already had the pink flowers on it, so I wanted to build around that. Yes the 3D collage is placed on the wall because I believe it looks interesting like it is coming from out of the wall. I am also pleased that I put these random objects I collected into a good use and they now have a new purpose as wall art.
In the full image of the 3D collage, I did add my graphic design touch to really bring out the piece and to really make it pop, so that the background did not fully distract from the piece but rather it added to it.

Comments