Skip to main content

Image & Text in Visual Arts 1st Assignment

The idea of nail polish came to me when my mother and I were talking about how people think that are nails were salon done, when we just paint them ourselves, I suppose we really nice nails, but it gave me the idea for this ad. I wanted to be creative with the name, so I went with my trademark Bowdacious and built from there. As I read in the books, I new I did not want to use many different fonts, so I stuck with a total of three. Obviously you have Bowdacious in the standout font that draws you in and is a font I most classify with. I chose a nice accent font that is in the same family with being pretty, but doesnt clash with the main title. I knew I needed one more font to break up the ad, so I chose a little bit of bolder font and made it white.
My focus was more on the text rather then the images themselves, but you need images in an ad to draw someone in to buying a product. The dripping of nail polish coming down from the top of the page implies that is what was used to write Bowdacious. The finger, which I decided to be creative on and make the nail, the brush of a nail polish and it looks like it wrote out the name Bowdacious. 



Comments