Skip to main content

Image & Text in Visual Arts Second Assignment

I am super pleased with this logo. Again starting from my main base of the mannequin head and using her in a different way, I wanted to create a graphic vector image. A logo, but not a simple black and white that you see all the time.
This was actually very difficult for me because I have never done anything like this before. Well I have tried but they always came out wrong and not what I really envisioned. I even posted this on my Instagram because I was so pleased with it. 
I wanted to just have a simple white background because I was thinking of the accent color font I wanted to use example for the photo-manipulations. I played with the curves of the base mannequin to get rid of the texture and detail of the original image, so it was just white. Although you could not just simply erase it out because I wanted to keep some of the texture from the neck and hair.
I applied a cutout filter since it seems to be my favorite, followed by a brush tool, opacity low and a pink glow color. I used the better together font that I have used to showcase Bowdacious Designs.
I took note from the Bowdacious Nails flyers to keep it simple and not write so many things, I mainly do photo-manipulations so I picked a nice accent font. 
Originally the photo was not tapered at the bottom, so I went with an edgy slanted line to draw an ending point of the design and now that I look at it, it is opposite the way the bow slants so it works out well for balance purposes. 
I actually then put this photo on my phone and used the pixlr app that I use for my photos and I added this filter that made the pink in the original logo pop out from the simple black and white logo with the light pink tint I have added to it. 




Comments